View count: 23627
RemindersPERIOD OF EXCHANGE: 9/7/2018 ~ 1/18/2019
CHECKLIST (before you arrive)
- We strongly suggest that you include yourself in a medical insurance and this insurance should cover your medical expenses during your stay in Taiwan.
- If your place of issue on your passport is not People’s Republic of China, you need to apply for the VISA by yourself. For further information, please see the website of Bureau of Consular Affairs. http://www.boca.gov.tw
The course selection system will be open from Aug. 20 to 22, 2018. Add-drop period is open from Sep. 17 to 25, 2018. For course information, please see http://wa.nccu.edu.tw/QryTor/default.aspx. List of English-taught courses on our campus: http://moltke.cc.nccu.edu.tw/qrycourse/qryEngSub.jsp
To log in the Course Selection System, you need your student number as your account and “nccu+your birth date” as your password.
For example, if your student number is 103401112 and your birth date is on 1/29, fill the two blanks as follows.
Link to the Course Selection System
For detailed course-related questions, please consult the teaching assistant of your department:
- Doctor Degree of Communication College: Ms. Mei-fang Chen, E-mail: email@example.com Tel: +866-2-29387077
- Master Degree of Digital Content and Technology (DCT): Ms. Jing-mei Lin, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +886-2-29393091#62670
- Master Degree of Communication: Mr. Cheng-hua Liu, E-mail: email@example.com Tel: +886-2-2939309 #67123
- International Master’s Program in International Communication:Ms. Pei-Yu Yang, E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org,Tel: +886-2-29387550
- Bachelor Degree of Journalism: Ms. Yun-chien Chen, E-mail: email@example.com Tel: +886-2-29387078
- Bachelor Degree of Advertising: Ms. Chien-yu Chang, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +886-2-29393091 #67176
- Bachelor Degree of Radio and Television: Ms. Yu-fang Chen, E-mail: email@example.com Tel: +886-2-29393091 #63902
- Undergraduate Program of Communication: Ms. Ling-hui Wu, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +886-2-29387078
- On-Campus Dorm:check-in date：Sep. 7, 2018 and check-out date is Jan. 18, 2019.
- Exchange student is not guaranteed to have a space in the on-campus dormitory and need to go through the lottery process. The type of the dorm cannot be changed once it announced.
- For dorm fee and bed size, please see http://goo.gl/XBzQcu. (Notice that beds for most undergraduate exchange students are loft beds and will need to climb the stairs )
- For refund policy: According to the Guidelines and Regulations of the Student Housing Program, Article 13, the standards of the refund (supplementary payment) of the dormitory residence are as follows: Cancellation of the dormitory residence 2 weeks prior to the beginning of the class will receive full refund. Cancellation of the dormitory residence from 2 weeks to one day before the beginning of the class is required to pay a fee of NT$500 for "delay of canceling the dormitory residence" before a full refund can be issued or an enrollment registration document is replaced. For students who have already checked in to the dormitory, in additional to the NT$500 fee for "delay of canceling the dormitory residence", students have to pay off the accumulated expenses of "delay of canceling the dormitory residence" for the duration starting the day of residence, before a refund can be issued or an enrollment document is replaced. Cancellation of dormitory residence within 10 days after the classes begin will receive a refund of 2/3 of the total payment. Submitting the cancellation of dormitory residence between 10 days, after the classes begin, and 1/3 of the semester base day will receive a refund of 1/2 of the total payment. Cancellation of dormitory residence after 1/3 of the semester base day will not receive any refund.
- To check in the on-campus dorm:You need to come to the R&D center at office hour to get your student ID card first to check in the dorm. But if you arrive NCCU after 5 p.m., you can check in at the dorm info desk directly.
- International House (i-House):check-in date is Sep. 7, 2018 and check-out date is Jan. 18, 2019.
- Exchange student is not guaranteed to have a space in the i-House and need to go through the lottery process. The application will start on May 22, 2018. We will apply for you if your first priority is i-House and will inform you the results through your e-mail. If you get a room and you will need to pay the fees on time or you will lose the opportunity.
- International House’s information: http://oic.nccu.edu.tw/files/11-1000-351.php?Lang=en
According to contract, for exchange students, the tuition is free. Upon enrollment, you are required to pay the accommodation fee, deposit (NTD$1000, you may refund the deposit when leaving the campus dorm), and Student Safety Insurance Fee (NTD$144).
Note: The price is only for your reference. The actual price will be shown on the registration payment.
All newly-admitted international exchange students are required to complete the new student health examination. Check-up items are the same with the “Medical Exam Requirements for Short-Term Students (Form C).”
- Exam Location: 1). Hospitals in your home country or 2). Join the Group Health Exam at NCCU on Sep. 8, 2018.
Things you need to know if you want to do the health exam in your home country:
- Download the Form C and the Form should be filled out in English.
- Should bear the hospital seal/stamp (stamp from the clinics or examiners will NOT be accepted).
- Only the health exam done after June 25, 2018 will be accepted.
- Please bring the filled-out health exam record to Taiwan and scan a copy to us via email@example.com. by Sep. 17, 2018. No need to airmail it.
FIRE SAFETY WORKSHOP
All exchange students who stay in the dorm and the i-House must attend the Fire Safety Work shop and the date is Sep. 11, 2018. We will e-mail the details later. Students who fail to attend the workshop will be asked to move out of the dorm and the i-House.
Please refer to the following link to download the related Admission documents:
If there’s any problems and questions, please feel free to contact us:
Research and Development Center, College of Communication
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 09:00am-12:00pm, 14:00pm to 17:00pm
Room 310101, 1st floor, Communications Building, National Chengchi University
Address: 11605 No. 64, Section 2, Zhinan Road, Wenshan District, Taipei, Taiwan R.O.C.