Orbit

View count: 5345

History

This is an image

1935  
The University, then known as the Central Political Institute, established a journalism department. It was temporarily closed when the government relocated to Taiwan in 1949.
 
1954  
National Chengchi University was reestablished at its present location. The Graduate Institute of Journalism was one of the four graduate institutes established at this new location.
 
1956  
The student paper, “Student News,” was founded. Renamed “University News” in 1993, and the News Lab was established in 2002. The paper is among the college’s oldest student media.
 
1962  
The Department of Journalism established a news library. In 1990, it was expanded and renamed the Library of the College of Communication.
 
1964  
The student radio station, the Voice of NCCU, began broadcasting. It is among the college’s oldest student media.
 
1967  
The journal of “Mass Communication Research” was founded.
 
1983 
The Department of Journalism initiated a Ph.D. program in journalism, the nation’s first in the field of journalism-communications.
 
1987  
The Public Relations and Advertising concentration, then under the Department of Journalism, was expanded into a new Department of Advertising.
 
1988  
The Radio and Television concentration, then under the Department of Journalism, was expanded into the nation’s first Department of Radio and Television.
 
1989  
The College’s three departments, previously under the College of Liberal Arts and Science, were formed into an independent College of Communication.
 
1990
The Darkroom and Photography Center was established. It was later renamed the Still Photography Lab.
 
The Radio and Television Production Center was established. It was later renamed the Audio-Video Lab.
 
The Multifunction Theater was established. It was later renamed the Theater.
 
1992  
“Journal of Radio and Television Studies” was founded.
 
1993  
“ Journal of Advertising & Public Relations” was founded.
 
1995  
“Communication Research Newsletter” was founded.
 
1996  
The Department of Radio and Television created the nation’s first master’s program in radio and television.
 
1996  
The Department of Advertising initiated a master’s program in advertising.
 
1998  
The College implemented an academic program system in its undergraduate division.
 
2000  
The Department of Journalism created a master’s program in journalism for working professionals. The program was later turned over to the College and renamed the EMA Program in Communication.
 
2002  
The Center for Media and Information Design and the Information Technology Laboratory was established.
 
2004  
The College worked with the University’s Computer Center and its Department of Computer Science to implement the Web TV Laboratory Program, and, in 2006, to establish NCCU WebTV, one of the College’s student media.
 
2006  
The International Master’s Program in International Communication Studies was established.
 
The College promoted the National Chengchi University College of Communication Project for Excellence in Communication.
 
2007
The College of Communication Undergraduate Degree Program (CCUDP) was established.
 
2008
The College implemented an academic program system for its masters’ programs.
 
2009
The College established the Master’s Program in Digital Content and Technologies (DCT) in conjunction with the College of Science. This program exemplifies the College’s success in redefining the communications field.
 
2011
Office of Graduate Studies was established.
 
2012
The Media Lab was established.
 
2013
The Ph.D.program of communication was established
The Creative Design Program was established
 
2014
The Undergraduate Programs in College of Communication was established/ The Master Program was established.